Terms and Conditions of Service
LAST UPDATED 15 July 2021
The Parties to this Agreement
- These terms describe a contractual relationship ("Agreement") between you ("you" or "your") and Deferit, Inc. (including its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and assigns) ("we", "us", or "our"). We may transfer or assign this Agreement, and any rights under this Agreement, to a third party without notice to you or without your consent.
Changes to this Agreement
- We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time, by adding, deleting, or changing provisions of this Agreement. If we amend this Agreement, then we will provide notice on our website or as otherwise required by applicable law. Subject to any notice period that may be required by applicable law, after we provide notice of any amendment to this Agreement, if you use the Services or do not immediately close your account, then you agree to such amendments.
- Our bill management platform ("Platform") allows you to pay a bill directly (Pay It) and/or pay a bill in 4 instalments over time (Deferit Pay in 4) ("Services"). In order to use the Platform, you must sign up to become an account holder through either Deferit's mobile application or website.
Monthly Membership Fee
- There is a monthly membership fee of $7.99 ("Monthly Fee") to access and use our Platform. The Monthly Fee is billed monthly. You will pay the Monthly Fee on the same day every month and in some cases the payment date may change, for example if the payment has not successfully settled or if the paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month. You pay this Monthly Fee regardless of whether you are utilizing the Services.
Payment Processing Fee
- Any card payments made on the Platform will be subject to a fee equal to 1.5% ("Processing Fee"). The Processing Fee is applicable to all payments made on the Platform. The Processing Fee covers payment services such as maintaining payment systems and infrastructure, managing the payment services, reporting, conducting payment fraud monitoring, and maintaining the security and integrity of all data relating to the provision of payment services.
No Other Fees
- We do not charge any fee for early payments, interest, establishment fees, annual fees or late fees for any of our Services.
Cancelling Your Account
- You can cancel your membership at any time if there are no outstanding payments due to Deferit or any other scheduled payments in your account. If you wish to cancel your membership and there are outstanding payments due to Deferit or other scheduled payments in your account, you can pay off the outstanding payments or cancel scheduled bill payments before cancelling the membership. Once cancelled, your Monthly Fee will not be debited on the next monthly anniversary.
- Payment schedules will be displayed on each bill uploaded to the Platform prior to you confirming the submission of the bill. Any Processing Fees will also be displayed on the confirmation screen.
- If you are using the Deferit Pay in 4 option, the nominated bill amount will be divided into four equal payments. You will be required to pay these as they fall due.
- Your "Available Balance" for the Deferit Pay in 4 service is disclosed to you when you open your account and, generally, on your account dashboard. The Available Balance is the total amount available for bill deferrals using the account for Deferit Pay in 4, and it is reduced by any currently outstanding amounts from previous bill deferrals. We may pace how you use your Available Balance by the number of bills you can upload at any given time. We may change your Available Balance at any time and for any reason at our sole discretion.
Processing and Bill Payments
- On business days, we process all bills submitted before 5:00 PM EST on the same day for a decision by us on whether it is accepted. For a bill to be processed, it needs to be validly uploaded in your account on the Platform. We do not accept bills via email, messenger, or any other means. If a bill is submitted after 5:00 PM EST on a business day or at any time during a non-business day, the bill will be processed for a decision on the next available business day. Business days refer to bank operational business days as in New York state. Once a bill is approved by us and you’ve made your first payment (Pay in 4) or the entire instalment (Pay it), we will process the payment to your biller no later than the close of the next bank operational business day as in California or Missouri. It may take further time for any funds to be received or cleared with your biller once we action or send payment to the biller. Specifically, payments made by check which are sent by mail may take longer to be received, especially during certain holiday seasons. It is your responsibility to ensure there is sufficient time between you requesting us to pay a bill and the due date. You are solely responsible for any damages, such as late charges, that may be imposed as a result. We make no warranty or representation as to the time payments will be received or cleared with your biller. We bear no liability for any late fees or any other penalties you may incur if your biller receives our payment in accordance with the above process.
- Any bills that require online payment and which have further fees imposed by the biller when making that payment on your behalf will be added to the nominated bill amount.
- We will automatically charge payments made on your behalf directly to your nominated payment source in accordance with your payment schedule. You hereby expressly consent to, authorize, and instruct us to deduct the amount or pre-set amounts from your nominated payment source for the amounts owing on the relevant dates.
- If you have missed a payment, you authorize us to attempt to process this payment again on any card linked in your account at a later date at our sole discretion.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have sufficient funds in your nominated payment source or the underlying account which funds that nominated payment source. You are responsible for ensuring that you have available funds to make payments. You are liable for any fees or charges imposed by your bank for any payments we attempt to process in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Pre-authorization of a Payment Source
- We reserve the right to conduct a pre-authorization of a nominated payment source. This may involve placing funds in the account linked to your nominated payment source on hold each time you attempt to submit a new deferral or add a new card to your account. We promptly instruct your bank to void this pre-authorization transaction. We cannot guarantee the time it takes for your bank to process this action by us and make your funds available.
- If we are unable to pay a bill due to an issue with the bill provider not accepting the payment (for example, last payment date exceeded or change of bill amount) we will refund to you all attempted payments made on that bill and cease efforts to pay the bill.
- We are unable to refund payments where the bill has been paid as the funds have already been paid to the bill provider. If a refund is needed on such bills, please contact your biller to seek a refund.
- In cases where funds are returned to us by the biller for a bill paid on your behalf, we will issue a refund to you on all payments returned to us. This refund of the payments will only be made after the money has been successfully returned to us. Refunded payments can take up to 10 business days to reach a bank account, depending on banking institution policies.
Eligibility, Approvals, Verification, and Checks
- To be eligible to use the Services, you must be at least of the age of legal majority where you live (which is currently 18 years old, in most jurisdictions) and a legal resident of the United States or its territories. You represent and warrant that you are eligible to use the Services.
- The Deferit pay in 4 feature is available to residents of all states except: Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Washington, and Wisconsin. The Pay It feature is currently available to residents of all the states.
- All validly submitted memberships to use our Platform are subject to our internal approval criteria, as amended from time to time. We may choose not to approve you based on our risk assessment checks. If your account or bill is denied, you will be notified promptly. If your bill due date is within or shortly after this timeframe, we are not responsible for any late fees you may incur if you consequently fail to pay your biller in a timely manner. Without limiting the foregoing, we may make such risk determinations when you request to start your membership, when you request an additional Service, when you attempt to make a bill upload to the Platform, and/or at any other time that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. We may close, suspend, restrict, or limit your account and/or your use of or ability to obtain Services in our sole discretion at any time for any reason.
- Each bill you submit is also assessed according to our eligibility criteria. We may choose not to approve a bill at our sole discretion. If you have any overdue payments with us, we will not approve any further bills for payment on your behalf.
- If you are using Deferit Pay in 4, we charge your first payment before paying your bill as part of our approval process and our assessment as to whether you have the capability to fulfil your obligation to make future payments to us.
- We reserve the right to verify your identity and credit worthiness. You authorize us to make, directly or through third parties, any inquiries we consider necessary to verify your identity and assess your capability to make payments to us. For credit worthiness, this may include ordering a credit report, performing other payment capability checks, and verifying information you provide against third party databases. We will only obtain consumer reports that do not impact your credit score and do not leave a hard inquiry on your credit report.
- You authorize us (or any third parties providing services on behalf of us) to disclose to third parties, to the extent required by any applicable laws or regulations, any information in relation to you or your account.
YOUR USE OF DEFERIT
Promise to pay
- By using our Services, you (as the registered account holder) provide us with unconditional and irrevocable consent and direction to pay the bill issuer in consideration for your agreement and obligation to pay us, together with any additional applicable fees. While we do not impose late fees, if you fail to timely (i) make your bill payments as per your schedule, or (ii) pay the Monthly Fee, you acknowledge that you have failed to pay us.
Agreement to Provide Accurate Information
- When you provide information to Deferit or in connection with the Services, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself.
Responsible for Fees
- You, as the registered account holder, are responsible for any fees on the account.
- You may use one of the acceptable methods of payment set forth in our Platform.
Access to Your Account
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of the login credentials to your Deferit account.
Website & App Content
- Information on the Deferit website and in the Deferit App is for information purposes only. We do not make any promises as to its completeness, timeliness, or accuracy. The information and materials contained on the Website and in this Agreement are subject to change without notice.
Access to the Services
- Access to the Services may from time to time be unavailable, delayed, limited, or slowed due to certain factors which may be outside of our control.
Disputes with Deferit
- THIS SECTION CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER. THEY AFFECT EACH PARTY’S RIGHTS CONCERNING THE RESOLUTION OF ANY DISPUTE (DEFINED BELOW) BETWEEN THE PARTIES. This dispute resolution section applies to general disputes between you and Deferit. Any dispute with regard to a Deferit transaction is governed by the specific governing Deferit transaction document. To the extent of any conflict in dispute resolution terms, the subsequent in time transaction document will control.
- To expedite the resolution and cost of any dispute between you and us arising from or relating to your use or inability to use the Services and generally with respect to Deferit, this Agreement or the enforcement of any provision of this Agreement (a "Dispute"), you and we agree to first attempt to on an informal basis negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. These informal negotiations will only commence upon receipt of a written notice (each, a "Notice"). Such Notices will be sent by mail to your most recent address provided to us in connection with your account, or by email to the electronic mail you have on file with us. Our address for such notices is: Deferit, Rockefeller Center P.O. Box Section, 610 Fifth Avenue P.O. Box # 5193, New York, NY 10185: Legal, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any Notice from you must include your name, relevant account information, a brief description of the Dispute, and your contact information so that we may evaluate the Dispute and begin attempts to informally resolve the Dispute with you. Any Notice from us will include relevant account information, a brief description of the Dispute, and our contact information, so that you may also evaluate the Dispute and attempt to informally resolve the Dispute with us. No further action is necessary if the informal negotiations are successful.
- IF THE PARTIES ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE THROUGH INFORMAL NEGOTIATIONS, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EITHER YOU OR WE MAY ELECT TO HAVE THE DISPUTE (EXCEPT THOSE DISPUTES EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED BELOW) FINALLY AND EXCLUSIVELY RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION. ANY ELECTION TO ARBITRATE BY ONE PARTY WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON THE OTHER. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF EITHER PARTY ELECTS TO ARBITRATE, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted as per the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and, where appropriate, the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes ("AAA Consumer Rules"), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. The Federal Arbitration Act will govern whether a Dispute is subject to arbitration and it will be determined by a court rather than an arbitrator. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the AAA Rules (and, where relevant, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules). We will pay all arbitration fees and expenses if such costs are determined by the arbitrator to be excessive. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will decide in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you and we may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceeding pending arbitration, or confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- The parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (1) any suit to compel arbitration, stay proceeding pending arbitration, or confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator; (2) any suit to seek temporary injunctive relief that will remain in place only until an arbitrator can determine whether the relief should be continued, modified, or removed; or (3) any claim related to actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights. In addition, either party may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in New Castle County, Delaware or any United States county where you work or live.
- The parties agree that any arbitration will be limited to the Dispute between us and you individually. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, (1) NO ARBITRATION SHALL BE JOINED WITH ANY OTHER; (2) THERE IS NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY DISPUTE TO BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS-ACTION BASIS OR TO UTILIZE CLASS-ACTION PROCEDURES; AND (3) THERE IS NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY DISPUTE TO BE BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR ANY OTHER PERSONS.
- Arbitration will take place in New York, NY. The parties agree that for any Dispute not subject to arbitration (other than claims proceeding in any small claims court), or where no election to arbitrate has been made, the state and federal courts located in New York have exclusive jurisdiction and the parties agree to submit to the venue the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
- You may opt out of the foregoing arbitration clause and class action/jury trial waiver provision of this Agreement by NOTIFYING US IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU LAST PLACED AN ORDER. To opt out, you must send a written notification to us at email@example.com. with Attention: Legal. The notification must also include (i) your account identification; (ii) your name; (iii) your address; (iv) your telephone number; (v) your email address; and (vi) a clear statement indicating that you do not wish to resolve claims through arbitration and demonstrating compliance with the 30-day time limit to opt out of the above arbitration and class action/jury trial waiver sections.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Except as expressly provided otherwise, this Agreement is governed by, and will be construed under, the laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to choice of law principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Judicial proceedings (other than small claims actions) that are excluded from the agreement to arbitrate in Section 12 must be brought in state or federal court in or closest to New York, New York unless both parties to some other location. You and we both agree to waive the right to a jury trial and consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in New York, New York.
Limitation of Liability
- To the full extent permitted by law, under no circumstances shall we, our subsidiaries, officers, directors, owners, employees, partners, affiliates, or agents be liable to you for: (i) personal injury or any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to this Agreement, the use of or inability to use an account, the Services, or our or your liabilities to third parties arising from any source; or (ii) except as required under applicable law, any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of an account or the Services, including, but not limited to, damages arising from your failure to provide us with accurate information or a third party’s failure to correctly verify such information. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. AS SUCH, SOME OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. You agree that if any lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under this Agreement, the aggregate liability of us and our subsidiaries, officers, directors, owners, employees, partners, affiliates, agents to you for all claims arising out of or related to this Agreement or your use or inability to use the Services will not (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the greater of: (i) the amount you owe on any affected order(s) giving rise to such damages; or (ii) the amount of six hundred U.S. dollars ($600.00). These limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
- You agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our subsidiaries, officers, directors, owners, employees, partners, affiliates, and agents from and against any liabilities, claims, losses, damages, and expenses, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way related to: (i) your access to, use of, or inability to use your account or the Services; (ii) your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any rights of a third party, including but not limited to any negligent or willful misconduct of your employees, contractors, or agents, or a breach of any contracts or other relationships between you and third parties; (iv) your violation of any applicable law; or (v) your failure to provide and maintain true, accurate, current, and complete information in your account. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. Deferit reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Deferit. To avoid any doubt, this indemnification, defense and hold harmless obligation will survive these Terms and the termination of your use of the Services.
Disclaimer of Warranty
- DEFERIT AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNER, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS MAKE NO COMMITMENTS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT (i) THE CONTENT, RELIABILITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES; OR (ii) THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, APP, OR SERVICES. DEFERIT AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNER, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY REGARDING NON- INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DEFERIT AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNER, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SYSTEM FAILURES OR OTHER INTERRUPTIONS THAT MAY AFFECT THE RECEIPT, PROCESSING, ACCEPTANCE, COMPLETION, OR SETTLEMENT OF BILL PAYMENT TRANSACTIONS OR THE SERVICES.
- No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used in this agreement are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal meaning. You agree that the Terms will not be construed against Deferit by virtue of having drafted them.
- All content, design, graphics, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, and other matters to the Services are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights (including but not limited to intellectual property rights) and owned by Deferit or one of its affiliates. Unless expressly permitted in this Agreement, the following activities are strictly prohibited: the copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you of any part of the Services. Use of the Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in any of the content, documents, or other materials you access. The posting of information or materials on the Services does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
- "Deferit" is the marketing name for certain financial services activities of Deferit as operator of the Services. "Deferit" is a trademark of Deferit. Other featured words or symbols may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid, it may be severed, and the remaining provisions will continue to be effective.
- We have partnered with an FDIC-insured Missouri state chartered bank, Cass Commercial Bank ("Cass"), as our bank partner to offer certain portions or features of the Services. Deferit holds a bank account with our Cass for the benefit of your use of our Services. You are entitled to provide Cass with instructions to cease making a payment on your behalf, provided such a request is in accordance with this Agreement.
- You and Deferit both agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or the Terms must be filed within ONE (1) YEAR after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- This Agreement is between you and Deferit. No user has any rights to force Deferit to enforce any rights it may have against you or any other user.
Deferit E-Sign Consent Agreement
Consent to Electronic Communications
You have indicated that you wish to receive and sign the documents relating to your account or the Services with us electronically. We are required by law to give you certain information "in writing" – which means that you are entitled to receive it on paper. We need your consent to provide you with this information electronically, instead. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you.
In this Consent, the words "we," "us," and "our" means Deferit. The words "you" and "your" means the person giving consent. "Communications" means all records, disclosures, and notices related to your account or the Services or other information we provide to you or that you sign, submit, or agree to at our request.
Your Consent: You agree that any of the Communications we provide to you, or that you sign or agree to at our request, may be in electronic form. We may also use electronic signatures and obtain them from you on any Communication.
All Communications that we deliver to you in electronic form will be delivered either (1) via e-mail; or (2) by your accessing a website that we will designate in an e-mail, text message, or other electronic notice we send to you at the time the information is available. We will establish security procedures that you will have to follow to access the website.
We may always, in our sole discretion, provide you with any Communications on paper, even if you have authorized electronic delivery. Sometimes the law, or our agreement with you, requires you to give us a written notice. You must still provide these notices to us on paper, unless we tell you how to deliver the notice to us electronically.
- How to Withdraw Consent: You can withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. with "Revoke Electronic Consent" in the subject line. A withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have had a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal. If you fail to provide or if you withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically, Deferit reserves the right to restrict, deactivate, or close your account.
- How to Update your Contact Information: It is your responsibility to provide us with an accurate and complete e-mail address and other contact information, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update your contact information at any time in your account portal or by contacting our customer hero team by clicking here.
Hardware and Software Requirements: To receive electronic Communications, you must have access to:
- A Current Version (defined below) of Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox;
- A connection to the internet;
- A Current Version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files; and
- A device (e.g., a computer, tablet, cell phone, etc.) and an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form.
You must also have an active email address and an active cell number for text messaging.
By "Current Version," we mean a version of the software that is currently being supported by its publisher. We reserve the right to discontinue support of a Current Version of software if, in our sole opinion, it suffers from a security flaw or other flaw that makes it unsuitable for use with our services.
If our hardware or software requirements change, and that change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain electronic Communications, we will give you notice of the revised hardware or software requirements. Continuing to use this service after receiving notice of the change is reaffirmation of your consent.
- Requesting Paper Copies: We will not send you a paper copy of electronic Communications unless you request it, or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of any Communication we provide to you electronically by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy. Requests for paper copies must be made within a reasonable time after we first provided the electronic Communication to you. To request a paper copy, contact us at email@example.com. There is no charge associated with requesting a paper copy of a Communication we sent you electronically.
- Retain Copies: We encourage you to print or download for your records a copy of all electronic Communications, as well as this consent disclosure and any other document that is important to you.
- Termination/Changes: We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
- By clicking to accept this Agreement, you are consenting to receive Communications electronically. You are also confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review electronic records, and that you have an active email account and/or a cellphone number for SMS messaging and the ability to access and view PDF files. You are also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all your co-applicants and/or co-owners of any product or service we provide to you.
- You have indicated that you wish to receive and sign the documents relating to your account or the Services with us electronically. We are required by law to give you certain information "in writing" – which means that you are entitled to receive it on paper. We need your consent to provide you with this information electronically, instead. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you.
Short Message Service ("SMS") Communications
- If you choose to open an account, Deferit may send you SMS messages. You agree to receive SMS messages to each telephone number provided by you to Deferit, regardless of whether such telephone number is on a corporate, state, or federal do-not-call registry. You certify, represent, and warrant that the telephone number that you have provided to us is your number and not someone else's. You represent that you are permitted to receive SMS messages at the telephone number you have provided to us. You agree to notify us whenever you stop using a particular telephone number previously provided by you to Deferit.
- Any such SMS messages sent to you by Deferit will be to verify your phone number or to verify any upcoming or overdue payments associated with the Extended Repayment Feature. Deferit will not send you advertisements or marketing-related SMS messages. You understand that such SMS messages may be placed using an automatic telephone dialling system or may include automated SMS messages. You agree that you are responsible for any message, data rates, or fees that your telephone service provider charges in relation to SMS messages sent and received by you. Please contact your wireless carrier if you have any questions regarding those rates.
- By entering your cell number, you agree to receive text messages for service notifications and verification codes from Deferit. Message frequency will vary. Standard message and data rates may apply. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.